HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2018
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : January 2019
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR JANUARY 2019 - This is a very busy month, so be sure to mark the dates on your calendars (only $1.00 at the Dollar Tree) so you don’t miss out!!
1. Thursday, JANUARY 3 - Sebring OES Stated Meeting and Annual Christmas Party (you will recall that we were rained out on December 20) - Dinner 6 p.m. & Meeting 7 p.m. - Dinner food committee: EVERYBODY! Attendees are invited to bring a side dish, or dessert. There will be a $10 value wrapped gift exchange game after the meeting. Christmas cookies are encouraged to munch on while packages are being opened. Our meetings are enjoyable, this one will be a lot of fun - come check us out!
2. Saturday, JANUARY 5 – 9:00-9:15 a.m. – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. Members, family and their friends are invited; we’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the year with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, the more the merrier. See you there!
3. Friday, JANUARY 11 - 4-7 p.m. Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly event. Take out is available. This monthly fund raiser gets good reviews. Be sure to invite your family and friends - please help spread the word!
THIS IS A VERY BUSY DAY - THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A MISPRINT!
4. Saturday, JANUARY 12 - Poinciana Masonic Lodge Installation of Officers - Lunch at noon at the Olympic Restaurant - Installation of Officers at 2 p.m. (or following lunch) Ted Johnson Worshipful Master.
5. Saturday, JANUARY 12 - Sebring Masonic Lodge Installation of Officers - Dinner at 6 p.m., Installation of Officers at ~ 7 p.m. (following dinner). Berman Pritt Worshipful Master.
6. Saturday, JANUARY 12 - Highlands Shrine Club Dinner and social at 5:30 p.m., followed by Social at 7 p.m. Menu: garden salad, chicken breast with alfredo sauce, egg noodles, vegetable, dessert, and beverage, all for $10.00 /each. Chef Nancy says that this one is a real winner! We are encouraging our members who are not attending the Installations to come out and support this event.
7. Thursday, JANUARY 17 – OES Stated Meeting – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Lister, Carr and Hartsfield. Attendees are asked to bring side dish or dessert. Many of our Northern members are returning; it will be good to see you! We have a good time at our events, come join us!
8. Saturday, JANUARY 19 - 8:30 a.m. until ?? Annual Golf Tournament Shotgun - Highlands Shrine Club - Annual Golf Tournament at Harder Hall Golf Course, lunch & prizes to follow at the Shrine Club. $65/person, includes golf, 1 mulligan per golfer, and door prizes tickets will be available. Volunteers are needed by our Shrine Club members and others! Please contact President Howard Craddock (954) 304-4487 or Noble Sam Wilkin (863) 471-3582 to volunteer your services. Thank you! This is a big fund raiser for our Club which helps with our financial obligations.
9. Sunday, JANUARY 20 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. Please invite your family and friends. Take out orders are available. Come out and support our Masonic brothers.
Ten. Tuesday, JANUARY 22 at 11:30 a.m. for BUNCO - lots of fun! Don’t miss out.
11. Wednesday, JANUARY 23 – Joint meeting of Board of Directors & Business Meeting for Nobles and Ladies – Menu: fruit salad, pot roast, potatoes, vegetable, dessert, beverage and dessert. Cost is: $8 each person. This meeting is for the Nobles and Ladies to discuss important issues. Our turnouts have not been good; I know we can do better. This is YOUR Club. Please come out to support it! Phone 382-2208 for reservations, leave number attending on answering machine.
12. Wednesday, JANUARY 30 - 4-7 p.m. - Back by popular demand! Delicious spaghetti dinner at the Poinciana Masonic Lodge for $8.00/each. Everyone loves this item! Friends, family and the public are invited. Take out is available. Please support this fund raiser.
As you can see by the above - January is going to be a very busy month! But these events can only be successful if everyone supports the organizations -- please plan to attend as many as possible. Thank you!
There are many people who deserve recognition for their help with activities in December (here are a few), please excuse me if I have forgotten anyone….
Eastern Star: Sally Padron and Janet Harbaugh - Christmas stocking seamstresses. Linda & Bill Shelton, Darlyne Devany, Paula Hoffman - Christmas stocking candy stuffers for kids at local daycare centers; Verl & Sylvia Shaffer - coordinated a fun “field trip” to Bok Tower for 12 attendees on 12/27.
Shrine Club: President Howard Craddock - Shrine Club float driver, Mike Byers and Sam Wilkin - Shrine float drivers. John Harbaugh - purchased pizza and coordinated Christmas parades to Avon Park & Frostproof.
Stormy Thompson and Angie Green manned the Log Cabin Christmas Store on a Saturday during December. Sissel Carr filled in the rest of the month while Mary Jean Byers was out because of knee replacement surgery. Thank you! Note: Mary Jean is doing very well -- just can’t stop that gal!
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825