HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2019
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : March 2019
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS
SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR MARCH 2019 - This is a very busy month with many
opportunities to eat with friends and have fun, be sure to mark the dates on
your calendars so you don’t miss out!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: My computer’s internet provider (NTI) was attacked by Ransom-ware. For 10 long days, I was unable to use my computer at all, and finally got back on line at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 2. All during this time, the screen was totally dark and even the basic programs could not be used, much less the internet! Hopefully everything is going to be just fine now, and no more problems….. Please excuse the delay in getting the following information out to you in time…. better late than never as the saying goes.
1.Saturday, MARCH 2 – 9:00-9:15 a.m. - OES Monthly Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. You may want to get there early as seating fills up quickly. Members, family and their friends are invited; we’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month. We all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. See you there!
2.Sunday, MARCH 3 - 11 A.M. - 1 P.M. - OES SERVES AMISH STYLE CHICKEN & NOODLES - Sebring #126 OES will host a Amish Style Chicken & Noodles Lunch on Sunday, March 3 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge, Parkway & Home Avenue. Menu: chicken and noodles served over mashed potatoes, includes choice of 2 side dishes. Biscuits with apple butter, dessert and beverage, too. Yum-Yum! Cost $10. Take out is available, and the public is invited.
Note: This event has already taken place, and we are very pleased to announce that it was a HUGE success. We had a fantastic turnout! So good, in fact, that we ran out of food and had to turn people away. This is a popular meal in Ohio and the surrounding states where Amish cooking is well known. Our intentions are to use this same meal venue again in the future as a fund raiser.
Let me add that Janet Harbaugh was the “Lady in Charge” for this event. Helpers were there at 9 a.m. on Sunday morning. Janet had things well organized, and things went very smoothly. We had a lot of helpers! I know that WM Linda Shelton appreciated everyone being there early, working so hard to make this a successful event.
3. Thursday, MARCH 7 - OES Obligation/Report Night – Dinner 6 p.m. Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Shaffer and Harbaugh. Attendees are asked to bring side dishes or dessert. Our Northern members are back, and they are working hard for our Chapter. Thank you so much! It will be the first meeting for Linda Shelton as the new Worthy Matron and Bill Shelton as the new Worthy Patron; please come out to show support for them and our Chapter.
4.Friday, MARCH 8 - 4-7 p.m. Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly event. Take out is available. This monthly fund raiser gets good reviews. Be sure to invite your family and friends.
5. Saturday, March 9 - Highlands Shrine Club - St. Patty’s Dinner & Social - Attitude adjustment 5:30 p.m. - Dinner at 6 p.m. Please wear green in honor of St. Patrick. Lady Jeannette Craddock is already thinking of some “shenanigans” to make this a fun evening for everyone. The menu is: salad, delicious corned beef, boiled cabbage, carrots and potatoes, dessert, coffee & iced tea. Cost $10.00 each. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations. See you there!
6. Wednesday, MARCH 13 - 4-7 p.m. Highlands Shrine Club spaghetti dinner fund raiser - Cost: $8.00 each. All Masonic, Eastern Star, friends, neighbors, family members are invited. Tickets were sent out to each member. Please phone the Club at 382-2208, if you need additional tickets. Please plan to attend to make this event a big success. Ladies, please remember to bring your cakes for the dessert. It is hoped that the ROTC students will help us again this time, like last time. But if they can’t, we will need volunteers to serve. As well as man the take out counter, cut cakes, etc., etc. Please volunteer your services with President Howard Craddock or just show up at the Club on Wednesday morning.
7. Sunday, MARCH 17 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Sebring Mason’s monthly BBQ lunch. The menu is: chicken, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. The address is: Home Avenue and the Sebring Parkway. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. Please invite your family and friends, the public is invited, too. They have been getting good turnouts. Take out orders are available. Come out and support your Masonic brothers.
8. Thursday, MARCH 21 - OES Stated Meeting - dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Shelton, Steely and Craddock. Please plan to attend this meeting. We have a good time at our meetings, and they end early.
9.Saturday, MARCH 23 - Sebring OES Luncheon and Purse Auction Fund Raiser - 11 a.m. to ~ 1:30 p.m. $7.00 for a very delicious meal. After which, the auction will begin, this is a lot of fun. Please invite your friends and family; Shrine Club members, too -- they will have a good time. Our members and anyone else who would like to do so are asked to bring a gently-used purse all wrapped up “lovely” (as Darlyne likes to say). Inside the purse, you are asked to put items that would be appropriate for an auction. Don’t forget to bring “mad” money for the bidding. If you need suggestions of what to include in your purse, please feel free to ask WM Linda Shelton (863) 385-3802 for suggestions. We’ll need help with the lunch food preparation, decorating, etc. We’re going to have a fun afternoon, but it will be even better if YOU are there!
10.Tuesday, MARCH 26 - 11:30 a.m. for BUNCO - this is a fun activities that you do not want to miss out on. Ladies and Guys are welcome to play. It only costs $2/each.
11.Wednesday, MARCH 27 - HSC 5:30 p.m. Dinner, followed by meeting ~ 6:30 p.m. – Joint meeting of Board of Directors & Business Meeting for Nobles and Ladies – Menu: Salad, meatloaf, potatoes and gravy, vegetable, beverage and dessert. Cost is: $8 each person. This meeting is for the Nobles and Ladies to discuss important issues. Our turnouts attendance is slightly improving; but, I know we can do a lot better. This is YOUR Club. Please come out to support it! Phone 382-2208 for reservations, leave number attending on answering machine.
12.Wednesday, MARCH 27- 4-7 p.m. (same night as HSC Board of Director’s & Business Meeting) - Poinciana Masonic Lodge Delicious spaghetti dinner for $8.00/each. Back by popular demand! Everyone loves this item. Friends, family and the public are invited. Take out is available.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Please note that this is a BIG month for Darlyne Devany PM and John Devany PP. Their daughter, Ashley, brought granddaughter Sophia into the world on Saturday, March 2. Details are forthcoming from the proud grandparents. Congratulations to the Devany’s, and the Young’s on this blessed occasion. God bless you all!
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825